< Back to Support
Last Modified Date: April 23, 2015
- Owner revenue and pricing: The Owner will have the ability to set the net amount he wants to earn on each charter. The published price the Renter will pay will consist of the sum of the Owner’s indicated net amount plus services purchased through BoatSetter such as insurance and towing, marketing, credit card processing and other fees. Upon successful completion of each charter BoatSetter will pay the Owner and other appropriate parties based on services purchased.
- Late Fees: Returning a Boat late can really inconvenience the Boat Owner and his team. If a Renter returns a Boat more than a half hour late a late fee will be charged for every hour the Boat is late beyond the scheduled return time. Each hour will incur a fee equal to the published hourly rate of the boat.
- Citation Fee: In the event a citation is issued during the charter by a law enforcement officer, the party responsible will be liable for the cost. If the citation is due to operator’s error or improper use the Renter is responsible. If it is because of a condition of the Boat and Boat equipment as provided by the Owner, the Owner will be responsible.
- Cancellation Fee and No Show Fees:
(a) For Renters and Owners: Charters booked prior to 24 hours of the pick-up time may be cancelled upon 24 hours’ notice of the scheduled pick up time without penalty. Charters that are cancelled within 24 hours of the pick-up time are not refundable. The Renter can request a change of date within 24 hours of the pick-up time for which the Owner will have the option in his sole discretion to grant. If the Owner has to cancel a confirmed charter for any reason or the Boat is not available at the scheduled charter time the Owner will be assessed the minimum BOATSETTER fee and may be assessed costs incurred by BOATSETTER to find a replacement Boat for the Renter.
(b) Extenuating Circumstances: Either the Renter or Owner can cancel the reservation without charge if certain extenuating circumstances can be shown. For the following extenuating circumstances, the Renter will receive a 100% refund and the Boat Owner will not receive payment.
- If the location and time of the reserved Boat is within the National Hurricane Center 150 mile cone of probability of a named or numbered storm.
- Safety related cancellations stemming from the event of adverse weather conditions apparent prior to the beginning of the charter.
- Owner cancellation, no-show, or no access to the boat. In this case, the Boat Owner may be subject to penalties.
- Listing inaccuracies. If the description of the Boat in the listing on the Site is materially inaccurate with respect to the condition or features of the boat.
- Fuel Fee:
(a) Renter must pay for the purchase of fuel to replenish the tank at the marina where it is being returned or at the closest fueling facility to the return location if fuel is not offered at the returning location.
(b) Unless other arrangements are agreed upon with the Owner if the Boat is returned with less than the amount of fuel as at the start of the charter, and the Renter leaves the Boat without paying for refueling the Renter will be charged $6.00 per gallon for each gallon it is deficient. The per gallon fee is subject to change from time to time. For purposes of calculation the percentage difference in the fuel gage from the check-out of the charter to the check-in of the charter shall be multiplied against the fuel tank capacity of the boat. (e.g. fuel tank capacity = 100 gallons, the posted per gallon price = $6.00/gallon, the Boat was rented full and returned three quarters full. 100 gallons X 25% X $6.00 per gallon).
- Insurance and Deductible: (Where applicable, check to see if coverage is available.)
(a) For any claim event, the Renter will be charged the greater of $500 or 2% of the insured value of the boat. If the repair or replacement cost is less than $500 the Renter will receive a refund from the Owner once the claim is settled and repairs are completed. For additional information see the Insurance Summary.
- Unsatisfactory condition: If the Boat is not returned in similar condition to when it was rented, normal water spray excluded, the Renter may be charged a $50 cleaning fee.
- Payment and deposits: Prior to sending a reservation request to an Owner a pre-authorization is charged on the Renter’s credit card in the full amount of the charter plus a minimum $500 deposit. Immediately upon confirmation of an accepted charter the full amount of the charter plus a minimum deposit of $500 will be charged to the Renter’s credit card provided or on file. BOATSETTER may retain the deposit and charge the credit card for additional expenses or damage above the deposit amount for the benefit of the Owner. Should a Renter object he must notify BOATSETTER in writing within 30 days of the date which the charge occurred. See terms of service for dispute resolution procedures.
9. On-the-Water Support: Certain on the water is provided by The Boat Owners’ Association of the United States. The cost for this service is built into the charter price paid by the Renter.