< Back to Support
YACHT MIAMI BEACH REFER A FRIEND Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) FOR SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”). THE SWEEPSTAKES IS SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ENTERING, EACH ENTRANT UNCONDITIONALLY AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Boatsetter.com (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, excluding Rhode Island and Puerto Rico, eighteen (18) years or age or older at time of entry. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates, participating prize provider(s) and each of their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By participating, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. EMAIL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you will opt-in to receive email or other communications from Sponsor. You may subsequently opt-out of the receipt of such email or communications by following the directions in the email or contacting that site. Your opt-out status will not affect your participation or chances to win in the Sweepstakes. During the Sweepstakes Period (as defined and described below), however, you may nevertheless receive emails which Sponsor deems are related to the Sweepstakes and related programs.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on 2/8/2016, at 11:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 2/10/2016, at 4:59PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”), after which the time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
Go to www.boatsetter.com/refer-a-boater.com . Fill out the form, when the recipient signs up for boatseter.com, the contestant will receive two (2) chances to win two (2) tickets to Yacht Miami Beach 2016. The referred recipient will receive one (1) chance to win. For each referred recipient, the referrer receives two(2) chances to win.
5. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about 2/10/2016 to select three (3) winners, from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by mail and/or email after the drawings. Except where prohibited, each potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If the potential winner is determined not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, cannot be contacted, fails to return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In that event, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be sent within 30 days of receipt of completed documentation as required.
6. PRIZES: The prize for which an entrant is eligible will depend on the order that the potential winner was randomly chosen.
Two (2) VIP tickets to Yachts Miami Beach 2016. Each ticket retails for $350.00 and is valid for any one day from February 11th – 13th, 2016.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Sweepstakes entrant shall be eligible to win only one prize. Void where prohibited by law.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
All federal, state and local taxes on the prize(s) are the sole responsibility of each winner. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. All winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more must complete a Form 1099 before receiving their prize. If the Form 1099 is not signed, the winner forfeits the applicable prize.
By accepting a prize, where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s authority (and agree to confirm said grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and Sweepstakes purposes without additional consideration, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Websites; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Websites, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using any such method. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same account, the authorized holder of the account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors, Website users, tampering or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Websites; (iii) injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading or copying materials from or use of the Website; (iv) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network, hardware or software; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (vi) lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or technical failures, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. If, for any reason, an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes or a drawing is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or drawings, and select the winner(s) for the Sweepstakes, or for such drawings, from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS, PARTICIPANTS AND PRIZE WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES AND EACH SUCH ENTITIES’ RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, LITIGATION OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DEATH), ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITY OTHERWISE RELATED TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR FROM THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THESE SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ENTRANTS, PARTICIPANTS AND PRIZE WINNERS AGREE THAT RELEASED PARTIES: (A) HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR WILL BE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR
ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY PRIZE’S QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) MAINTAIN NO CONTROL OVER THE PERSONNEL, EQUIPMENT OR OPERATION OF ANY AIR, WATER OR SURFACE CARRIER, BUS OR LIMOUSINE COMPANY, TRANSPORTATION COMPANY, HOTEL, MANUFACTURER OR OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FURNISHING SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR ACCOMMODATIONS (“SUPPLIERS”) AS A PART OF THE PRIZES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES; AND (C) WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, EXPENSE, ACCIDENT, DELAY, INCONVENIENCE OR OTHER IRREGULARITY THAT MAY BE CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO: (1) BY THE WRONGFUL, NEGLIGENT OR UNAUTHORIZED ACT OR OMISSION ON THE PART OF THE SUPPLIERS OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS, SERVANTS, EMPLOYEES OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, (2) BY ANY DEFECT IN OR FAILURE OF ANY VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT, INSTRUMENTALITY, SERVICE OR PRODUCT THAT IS OWNED, OPERATED, FURNISHED OR OTHERWISE USED BY ANY OF THOSE SUPPLIERS, (3) BY THE WRONGFUL, NEGLIGENT OR UNAUTHORIZED ACT OR OMISSION ON THE PART OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND (4) BY ANY CAUSE, CONDITION OR EVENT WHATSOEVER BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ARE FULLY FAMILIAR WITH ITS CONTENTS.
In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS, Swine Flu), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Miami-Dade County, FL.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a full list of the winner’s name(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 30 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to: 2890 NE 187th St. Aventura, FL 33180.
12. SPONSOR: Boatsetter.com 2890 NE 187th St. Aventura, FL 33180